Success and Challenge: Decreasing
- January 29, 2013
- 10:00am - 11:00am Pacific Time
- Perinatal Managers, Educators, Staff Nurses, Risk Managers, Quality and Performance Improvement
Prompted by The Joint Commission’s perinatal care core measurement set that includes the number of elective deliveries performed at >37 and <39 weeks of gestation, valuable toolkits and bundles were developed. The implementation of a program to eliminate non-medically indicated deliveries before 39 weeks is a goal towards which many organizations are still working. One CHI insured, Citrus Valley Health Partners (CVHP), has had tremendous success decreasing the <39 week elective induction. In this one hour webinar, Heidi Funk, Perinatal Clinical Nurse Specialist at CVHP, will be sharing how they met this challenge and maintain the program’s momentum.
Unable to register electronically? Click the below link for a printable registration form. Send to Jenny Sula via email, email@example.com or fax, 916.773.8208.
At the end of the webinar the participant should be able to:
- Discuss proven methods for success to decrease <39 week elective induction.
- Identify methods to address challenges of implementing the <39 week elective induction bundle.
- Effectively monitor improvement and maintenance of <39 elective induction goals.
This educational program has been approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #12205 for one (1) contact hour.
Heidi Funk, MS, RNC-OB, C-EFM, CNS
Heidi is a Perinatal Clinical Nurse Specialist working at Citrus Valley Medical Center in West Covina, California. She has been a registered nurse for 36 years and a CNS since 1989. She is population based and is clinically responsible for Labor and Delivery and the Mother Baby Care Unit. She has been responsible for implementation of simulation based training both at Citrus Valley and other local hospitals and focuses on the high-risk perinatal population. She and the Citrus Valley team participated in the HASC 39 week collaborative which resulted in a dramatic decrease in deliveries at the less than 39 week gestational age.
Please test the above link now to verify system readiness prior to the meeting
1. Select “Enter as a Guest” upon log-in and type in name and facility.2. A window will appear with two options: “Dial Out” – system calls you, use if you are on a direct line, verify number on screen. “Dial In” – use if your facility does not have direct dial to the phone line you are using.
“Dial-in” number: 888-447-7153, Pass code – 702871
Log-in difficulty? Call: 1-888-569-3848