Webinar – Maintaining a Culture of Safety in Perinatal Care: Now More Than Ever
- September 24, 2020
- 10:00am - 11:00am Pacific Time
- CHI owner insured perinatal direct care providers, department managers, clinical educators, risk managers, quality managers, and patient safety managers.
Usually, all goes well in obstetrical care. But when an adverse outcome occurs, the repercussions can be disastrous for the family, the caregivers, and the organization. This webinar will examine the culture of safety in obstetrics and discuss strategies to make perinatal care as safe as possible. Now more than ever because of the pandemic, resilience and adherence to the principles of a perinatal safety culture are imperative for all who care for mothers and their newborns.
At the end of the webinar, the participant should be able to:
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining a perinatal culture of safety.
- Review the foundational components of a strong perinatal culture of safety.
- Discuss human factors to address to strengthen perinatal care.
- Identify mitigation strategies for perinatal safety culture challenges specific to COVID-19.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 12205 for 1 contact hour.
Larry Veltman, M.D. DFASHRM
Larry Veltman, M.D. practiced obstetrics and gynecology in Portland, Oregon for over 30 years. He was the Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland for 9 years. He served as Chair of the Professional Liability Committee of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and is currently serving on ACOG’s Committee on Patient Safety and Quality Improvement. He has published articles and given presentations on achieving patient safety in obstetrics, teaching risk management to physicians, vaginal birth after cesarean section, and the patient safety aspects of intimidating and uncivil professional behavior. He works as a perinatal risk and patient safety consultant and serves on the Board of the American Society of Healthcare Risk Managers.
Select “Enter as a Guest” upon log-in. Please type in your name AND facility.
To hear audio via your computer, click “Listen Only” when the audio dialog box appears. You will be able to ask questions through the chat box.
To hear audio via your phone, dial 1.844.419.4704 – Passcode: 6235778845
This program is a webinar. Please go to the “Web Access” tab for connection information.