Reporting a Claim:
In the event of an incident or potential claim:
- Call or email your Optima Claims Specialist. If you do not have the contact information for your Optima Claims Specialist, please call (916) 773-3992.
- Complete the Confidential Loss Report (CLR) to assist with the initial report of a claim, suit or event.
- Your Optima Claims Specialist will assist in confirming the documentation required beyond the Confidential Loss Report (CLR).
- Forward the completed CLR along with other pertinent documentation to your Optima Claims Specialist.
Some examples of the type of matters to report include:
- Notice of Intent to Sue
- Summons & Complaint or Demand for Arbitration
- Government Code Claim
- Letter from patient/visitor or attorney demanding monetary compensation
- EEOC or similar State law charges (EPL coverage)
- Potential compensable events (see Early Reporting of Events)